Day Five


Day Five:

The fresh vegetables bought before Lockdown are now mostly consumed. 

An old, dry carrot languishes in the fridge and with half an onion, could, were I desperate, make soup.

I don’t live within reach of any shops and all the people I could call on are also staying safe at home.

Except for one old rebel who never does as he’s asked and for once, I’m glad of it.
The gentleman (and he’d hotly dispute that if he ever read this blog) and I have been friends for many years.

‘Hello darlin’, ' he said when I picked up the phone, 'anything you need?’
 I would normally give him a cheeky answer to a question like that but I requested instead a bottle of milk and a pumpkin.
‘You shall go the ball Cinders.’   

Two hours later I heard a bellow,  ‘Merry Christmas!’ outside my door and there stood the most unlikely elf with two bags of vegetables. 

‘I got extra because it’s almost Easter and you won’t be able to get into the shops soon.’ 
‘You mean you can at the moment?’  
Coronavirus: How to avoid supermarket queues during Covid-19 ...

It seemed security guards were stationed at the entrances and exits to the largest supermarkets and as soon as 10 people exited, another 10 were allowed in.  

The only way, apparently, to prevent battles over items on the shelves.  
It hasn’t prevented drivers fighting in the car parks for the last space as they queue for hours to get in.

My rebel stood well back as I threw a roll of notes at him.  

After he’d gone, I unpacked the vegetables and at the very bottom of the bag  found a little chocolate Easter Egg.    

 God love ya Martin!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog.

  The Aztecs were spiritual people and among their pantheon of deities was the goddess Mayahuel who gave birth to 400 rabbits which she fe...